Cooking in Lockdown - Join our Ambassador on this cooking adventure!
Hey there! I’m Anjana, one of the 2019-2020 young ambassadors, and today you are stepping into my world. The world of food galore. Sounds familiar? Yeah, me too. This whole quarantine has made me a chef. No kidding! I have never taken the creativity of my mind and taken it to a physical form for my family. Don’t stop reading as you are going to be learning how to make different recipes with me. They will be delicious, scrumptious but most importantly FUN for you and your family.
TODAYS RECIPE: PIRI PIRI POPCORN CHICKEN
This quick and simple recipe is great for movie nights with the family. It is such a quick recipe too! It takes less than half an hour to be finished and ready to put on a film. Now let's get cooking!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup golden breadcrumbs (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the chicken into small, popcorn-sized pieces.
- Mix the Piri Piri spice mix in a bowl. (Oregano, Ginger, Garlic powder, onion salt, cayenne pepper, paprika and lemon zest)
- Coat the chicken pieces in the spice mix, then the beaten egg, followed by the golden breadcrumbs.
- Fry for 12-13 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with piri piri sauce